Saturday, November 24, 2012

Hello World! Ready for More?


(This post is actually a couple of years old, but I am going to try to get this blog up and running again so I figured what better way to start off, right?)
Got the news today. A new mini-me is in the oven and baking away. If only I was in as good a shape as my swimmers obviously are!
I thought about doing something like this when we had the last one. If I had tried I would have either quit or had some huge gaps. When that learning curve is nice and steep with your first you don’ really have much time for breathing let alone pounding out some scattered brained thoughts in hopes of creating something worth reading.
Our first is now nine months old, cuter than hell, and looking forward to being a big brother (and yes, he told me; I have learned to speak fluent gaga gogo. It’s also helped me understand the high school kids I coach for the local rugby team.)
Parenting is the coolest and greatest thing a guy can do. I feel lucky that I have been able to stay home and really see my boy grow up and I can’t wait (yes, I can) for the next one to come along. Even though the economy has me stuck at home after losing my job, the silver lining has been seeing my boy grow.
Anyway…I’m going to try to keep up with the latest adventure we are fixing to embark on, from the first day we found out we were pregnant, through the doctor visits, watching our son stare at Mommy’s belly as it grows, bringing our new bundle of joy into the world and then some. Although I do feel pretty confident about what I have learned so far, I have no doubt that mos of it will go out the window when there are two.

No comments:

Post a Comment